syslogd config patch

Sergey Naumov sknaumov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 15:57:01 UTC 2010

Hello.

I have made alpha version support for syslog.conf in busybox. Now it
supports only local logging.
Config file format is:
facility.[=|!=]priority    /some/file

It suits me, because i need only
kern.info       /var/log/messages
*.*                /dev/null

but I want to ask whether we should support something like
fac1.prio1 fac2.prio2 ... facN.prioN /some/file ?

It will consume some code space, but for complex syslog.conf file (if
such one exist in embedded system) it will save some memory, because
there will be only 1 file name stored for several fac.prio entries.

Patch file for busybox-1.18.0 is attached.
Any comments and recommendations are welcomed.
This code should be additionally tested, but I prefer to hear your
suggestions first.

Sergey Naumov.