is this the right place to discuss issues with udhcpc?

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 24 00:04:17 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 23 November 2010 18:28, David Collier wrote:

> If this is where I should ask about issues with udhcpc then here goes...
>
> using udhcpc version 1.13.1

Can you try something newer than that? Latest release is 1.18.0,
but probaly trying stable 1.17.4 first is the best....

> I have udhcpc working fine, it binds, and sits quietly on my machine
>
> If I then send the sequence SIGUSR2, SIGUSR1... repeated as many times as
> I like, it does deconfig, then negotiates a new lease each time.
>
> If, however, I send SIGUSR1 without sending SIGUSR2 first, the udhcpc
> process quietly shuts down without calling the script first.
>
> Similarly - I have set my lease duration to 10 minutes, and after 5
> minutes udhcpc quietly shuts down.
>
> So it clearly isn't in the business of renewing existing leases!

> Any thoughts as to what might be going on?

Not yet.

If you can reporduce it with 1.17.4, then tell me with with options
do you run udhcpc; then run it also with -f and -vvv and save the log:

udhcpc ..... -f -vvv 2>&1 | tee LOG

and post LOG file here.

--
vda