is this the right place to discuss issues with udhcpc?

David Collier from_busybox_maillist at dexdyne.com
Tue Nov 23 17:28:00 UTC 2010

If this is where I should ask about issues with udhcpc then here goes...

using udhcpc version 1.13.1

I have udhcpc working fine, it binds, and sits quietly on my machine

If I then send the sequence SIGUSR2, SIGUSR1... repeated as many times as
I like, it does deconfig, then negotiates a new lease each time.

If, however, I send SIGUSR1 without sending SIGUSR2 first, the udhcpc
process quietly shuts down without calling the script first.

Similarly - I have set my lease duration to 10 minutes, and after 5
minutes udhcpc quietly shuts down.

So it clearly isn't in the business of renewing existing leases!