syslogd config

Sergey Naumov sknaumov at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 10:10:25 UTC 2010

Hello.

I want to write a patch to implement restricted config support for
busybox's syslogd, but as we keep size in mind, it is not good to keep
several full file paths permanently (we need it because busybox's
syslog reopens log file to allow to delete it without restarting of
syslog). To solve this problem, we can use /proc/self/fd to determine
file name by fd (even if file was moved, we need only the original
name, so it suits us). How do you think, is it better to mess with
/proc, or simply store file names?

Thanks in advance, Sergey Naumov.