Busybox won't init

Matt Johnson mj1856 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 5 14:56:07 UTC 2010

> > Apparently, syslog() call segfaults.
>
> >From my experience with your error, check the following:
>
> - Is /dev writeable?
>
> - Does /dev/log exist, is a socket, has right permissions?
>
> Some syslogs faults in your way if above conditions not met.

well, I'm using buildroot for the whole thing and the way it sets it up is that /dev/log is a link to /tmp/log, and /tmp is mounted as tmpfs.  I think this is to allow for logging to memory on readonly systems, as tmpfs would be writable.  It appears to have full permissions also.  Unless I'm missing something, but I don't see any way to configure this in buildroot.

-Matt