OT bunzip2 fails to decompress pbzip2-compressed files

Tito farmatito at tiscali.it
Tue Nov 2 20:13:51 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 02 November 2010 19:44:26 Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Monday 01 November 2010 10:21, Tito wrote:
> >
> > Snip

and snip

> > In the past you could tell it in a few words:
> >
> > 1)small (in the sense that we jump through hops to save a few bytes)
>
> Still a goal
>

> > 2)simple ( Can't say what this means: usually code is simple for the one who wrote it and obfuscated for others ;-)  )
>
> Exactly. What is simple for me is not simple for Rob.
> But this is still a goal, and if more people help
> to make it simpler, the better. Patches are more useful
> than yelling that "this whole thing is getting complicated,
> ugly! Why??? AAA!!!!"

snip

Hi,
thanks, your words make feel good  ;-)
So returning to our goals: simple and small,
just wanted to remind you about two pending patches
that maybe slipped through.
One from the obfuscation department about deluser/delgroup:

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/busybox/2010-October/073652.html

and one from the simplification department about add/remove shell:

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/busybox/2010-October/073628.html
(maybe this one needs more love as it was just a weird idea i had to reduce the code size)

Ciao,
Tito