init/getty/login issue

John Williams john.williams at petalogix.com
Fri May 21 07:39:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> wrote:

>  John> Hi,
>  John> I'm running a pure BusyBox v1.14.3 rootfs on a PPC440 environment, and
>  John> am seeing some strange behaviour at the initial login prompt.  Console
>  John> device is a Xilinx uartlite (mainline driver 2.6.31-stable) on
>  John> /dev/ttyUL0
>
> Strange. A comparable setup works here (not with uartlite though). Could
> you try v1.16.1?

Just tried it, same result...

Oh, the other interesting thing, if after boot and login I run
/linuxrc (which is a symlink to busybox), it repeats my init sequence
and exactly the same thing happens on the newly spawned gettty
session.  So, I don't think it's a race between /dev/console and
/dev/ttyUL0, for example.  It looks much more like an issue with the
first getty spawn from init.

Will get back onto it Monday, all debug vectors welcomed!

Thanks,

John