Pushing toybox infrastructure upstream.

Loïc Grenié loic.grenie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 09:16:32 UTC 2010

2010/3/15 Rob Landley <rob at landley.net>:
> On Sunday 14 March 2010 13:22:52 Rob Landley wrote:
>> I'll detail the actual steps in doing it next message.
>
> The central idea is having all the code for each command in a single file, with
> the other files generated from that file.
[snip]
> In addition toybox handles command line options and per-command globals
> differently than busybox does.  You shouldn't have to manually call the
> getopt(), or #define FLAG_x or #define thingy G.thingy, or have an INIT_G().  It
> should all happen behind the scenes for you.

    While I understand the benefits of the porposed modifications and taking
  into account that I'm just Random J. User (I'm in no way important to the
  project), I just wanted to say that I hate "behind the scenes" work. I usually
  find it fairly difficult to understand when I have to modify an
existing program.
  I hope you can make the "behind the scenes" work as explicit as possible.

    Thanks,

           Loïc