"diff" behavior in 1.15.3 and 1.16.0

Chris Metcalf cmetcalf at tilera.com
Sat Mar 13 21:29:58 UTC 2010

On 3/12/2010 5:22 PM, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Friday 12 March 2010 19:06, Chris Metcalf wrote:
>
>> and the "grep handles/matches NUL" tests in
>> grep.tests don't seem to pass for us either.
>>

> It requres CONFIG_EXTRA_COMPAT=y.
> If you have it already, post your .config

Ah, excellent.  That's not in our config currently.  Probably grep.tests
should include an "optional" guard testing that feature; I'll see if I
can change it around to do so on Monday and post a diff.

There are some other minor issues like this I've seen.  For example,
"mount.tests" requires MKFS_MINIX and fails mysteriously otherwise; I
aded an "optional" check to fix that.  Also, the "FEATURE" grep test in
runtest doesn't handle multiple FEATURE lines correctly (e.g.
tar/tar-handles-nested-exclude).  I modified runtest to support that.
I'll work up a proper diff this week and mail it in now that I see
people are actively interested in the testsuite :-)

--
Chris Metcalf, Tilera Corp.
http://www.tilera.com