popmail in busybox

Murali K. Vemuri murali at uczen.co.kr
Wed Mar 10 08:41:58 UTC 2010

Hi,

Sorry that I am bothering you time and again.

But, I tried your suggestion:

# popmaildir --help
BusyBox v1.15.3 (2010-03-10 12:08:26 KST) multi-call binary

Usage: popmaildir [OPTIONS] Maildir [connection-helper ...]

#
see this output is quite un-informative for a newbie like me.

I tried your other suggestion and got some error:

# popmaildir -k /var/spool/mail -- nc pop.gobizmail.com 110
User:
Password:
popmaildir: can't open 'tmp/946685349380000.1114.(none)': No such file
or directory
popmaildir: helper killed by signal 15
#

Here, I enter the username and password at the prompt  and then throws
the error message. I don't understand where the SIGTERM is coming from.

any idea why this kind of thing happens?

Some info about my environment might be useful to help me better.
So, I am using a board which has ARC architecture based processor (this
arch does not comply with any of the well known i386/ARM/MIPS etc).

This board we bring up with Linux Kernel 2.6.19 & run busybox for all
the general linux utilities.

This board connects on wi-fi to internet and all I have is a console for
checking the board. By the way, no users on this system. Obviously the
console opens in root mode.

Thanks & regards
Murali