problems with /dev/console and "job control"

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 26 14:46:17 UTC 2010

On Saturday 26 June 2010 13:30, Christian Ruppert wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I try to setup busybox properly for my initrd although I don't get it
> working with "job control".
> I thought that console=... would help (kernel cmdline) but it doesn't.
>
> It works so far (at least CTRL+C) if I use openvt -s but that is no
> solution for me.
> I use my own /init script which later calls "exec /bin/sh" to enter a
> rescue shell but CTRL+C etc. isn't working. :(

Does this answer your question?

http://busybox.net/FAQ.html#job_control

> The second problem is that dropbear doesn't work as expected..

A wrong mailing list for this question...

> It is listening on e.g. port 22 but after a successfully connection it
> will close the connection after a few seconds.
> <snip>
> dropbear[748]: Running in background
> dropbear[749]: Child connection from ....
> dropbear[749]: pubkey auth succeeded for ´root´ with key md5 ... from ...
> dropbear[750]: Failed listening on ´22´: Error listening: Address
> already in use

Looks like child is confused: it tries to open a new _listening_
socket, but it should just use the already opened _accepted_ socket
which is passed to it by its parent... How do you run dropbear -
what is the exact command line?

--
vda