make test doesn't work.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Jun 14 05:42:27 UTC 2010

So I'm trying to set up the cron job to run the test suite each night,and I'm
getting this from today's -git:

landley at driftwood:~/busybox/git$ make test
test -d /home/landley/busybox/git/testsuite || cp -pPR
/home/landley/busybox/git/testsuite /home/landley/busybox/git
bindir=/home/landley/busybox/git srcdir=/home/landley/busybox/git/testsuite \
	/bin/sh -c "cd /home/landley/busybox/git/testsuite &&
/home/landley/busybox/git/testsuite/runtest "
/tmp/ccURAQUg.o: In function `main':
echo.c:(.text+0x1d3): undefined reference to `fflush_all'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [test] Error 1

Why on earth do we have a scripts/echo.c?  What's it for?  Isn't there already
a coreutils/echo.c?  (Not to mention the host generally providing a /bin/echo,
plus the good old reliable bash builtin if your script says #!/bin/bash.)

We need a standard way to make a single command...

GPLv3: as worthy a successor as The Phantom Meanace, as timely as Duke Nukem
Forever, and as welcome as New Coke.