rfkill is enabled in defconfig, but breaks the build.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Jun 14 05:31:43 UTC 2010

Because linux/rfkill.h isn't installed:

miscutils/rfkill.c:10:26: error: linux/rfkill.h: No such file or directory
miscutils/rfkill.c: In function ‘rfkill_main’:
miscutils/rfkill.c:21: error: storage size of ‘event’ isn’t known
miscutils/rfkill.c:46: error: ‘RFKILL_TYPE_ALL’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
miscutils/rfkill.c:46: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
miscutils/rfkill.c:46: error: for each function it appears in.)
miscutils/rfkill.c:65: error: ‘RFKILL_EVENT_SIZE_V1’ undeclared (first use in
this function)
miscutils/rfkill.c:105: error: ‘RFKILL_OP_CHANGE_ALL’ undeclared (first use in
this function)
miscutils/rfkill.c:110: error: ‘RFKILL_OP_CHANGE’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
miscutils/rfkill.c:21: warning: unused variable ‘event’
make[1]: *** [miscutils/rfkill.o] Error 1

It isn't there on my clunky old Ubuntu 9.04 laptop, and it also isn't there on
the Gentoo system I installed last week.  In either case, I'm not even sure
what package I'd install to get that header.  (It went into the upstream
kernel in 2007, but it doesn't seem to be installed by default as part of the
linux kernel development headers.)

It probably shouldn't be enabled by defconfig if you have to install an obscure
package to build it.   Also, could the menuconfig help get annotated with some
hint as to how to get the header I need to build it?

Thanks,

GPLv3: as worthy a successor as The Phantom Meanace, as timely as Duke Nukem
Forever, and as welcome as New Coke.