coreutils/date.c with FEATURE_DATE_NANO=y broken?

Douglas Mencken dougmencken at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 20:34:41 UTC 2010

> Please try current git.

Well, okay. Current GIT master: 1_12_0-2099-gc8aae0b (By the way: is
it so hard to define git tags? Really is? 1_12_0 << current tag!
1.12.0!)

  CC      coreutils/date.o
coreutils/date.c: In function 'date_main':
coreutils/date.c:210:23: error: 'struct stat' has no member named 'st_mtimensec'
make[1]: *** [coreutils/date.o] Error 1
make: *** [coreutils] Error 2
ERROR: 'make' error. Abort.
build directory ('/root/build-farm/busybox-2099-gc8aae0b.builddir')
left untouched (errors)

Okay, again: I'm on uClibc, I'm building it from latest git master
branches (before I used nptl branches). My uClibc is
nptl_merge-35-g139b8f0. Maybe you can attach your uClibc config to
start from? I did research, I posted all of my steps on this research,
but you continue to claim "uClibc is okay, glibc is not". This is
wrong. uClibc is not "okay".

This is not uClibc vs GNU lib C issue. It's compatibility issue. Let
me guess: you are on x86 or x86_64 host, right? I'm not. You are using
some "defconfig" or "allnoconfig"? I'm not.

So, re-read my message, please. Post your uClibc config. Post your
/usr/include/features.h.
Post your pre-processed date.c. Post what's wrong with building with
my patch. Do you have __USE_MISC anywhere? Otherwise, it will be "it
works for me, so it is okay, get off, don't bother me, it works for me
and only me, so I'm happy".