coreutils/date.c with FEATURE_DATE_NANO=y broken?

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 5 23:57:36 UTC 2010

On Saturday 05 June 2010 17:24, Douglas Mencken wrote:
> I can confirm this. With new option enabled,
> "+CONFIG_FEATURE_DATE_NANO=y", I got:
> coreutils/date.c:207:23: error: 'struct stat' has no member named 'st_mtimensec'
>
> This is from date.c applet source:
>
> #if ENABLE_FEATURE_DATE_NANO
>                 ts.tv_nsec = statbuf.st_mtimensec; //or st_atim.tv_nsec?
> #endif
>
> So maybe this new option has some new unique requirements? How do you
> build it with this option turned on?

I did not yet research what set of magic #defines makes it work on glibc
*and* on uclibc. The code as it stands now builds on uclibc for me.

Just disable this option for now, or, if you have time/desire to do so,
research it yourself an send a patch which makes it work on glibc
and does not break build on uclibc at the same time.

--
bda