[RFC] add udisks support to mount

Sun Jul 18 23:15:38 UTC 2010

Am 19.07.2010 00:05, schrieb Denys Vlasenko:
> On Friday 09 July 2010 23:20, Stephan Raue wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> to replace mount and umount from util-linux-ng with busybox applets on
>> my small linux system i need support for udisks to the mount applet. It
>> is possible to support the option 'uhelper=udisks' to mount?
>>
> Can you give me some pointers where I can read a Fine Manual about them?
> Googleing didn't help...

i think to understand the option we can take an look at:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=utils/util-linux-ng/util-linux-ng.git;a=blob;f=mount/mount.c
and
http://git.kernel.org/?p=utils/util-linux-ng/util-linux-ng.git;a=blob;f=mount/umount.c

(search for "uhelper")

the option seems needed for mounting/unmounting without root
permissions. its used by HAL, DeviceKit-disks and udisks.

Stephan

--
               ### OpenELEC.tv ###
The free and open Mediacenter Distribution 4 you