possible bug in crond

beebee at piments.com beebee at piments.com
Thu Jul 8 07:38:56 UTC 2010

On 07/08/10 02:32, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
>>> This could be a bug. Please describe in more detail.

>>> No.
>>>

>> This happened before I realised how long it took crond to reread
>> crontabs. At one point I had console output Which had two versions being
>> triggered.
>
> Can you be more specific? What was in old cromtab? In new crontab?
> How did you see both entries running - ps? If yes, what
> exactly it shows?
>
> IOW, can I have a _proper_ bug report please?

I'll re-add the line you clipped off my last post.

 >> I'll try to reproduce.

The implication of that was that I recognise I don't have enough precise
information to give you and I need to get a reproducible bug.  That is
also why the title began with "possible".

I saw crond printing the commands being triggered on console showing
both old an new lines from that same crontab file. Maybe I made a change
just about the time it did it's hourly update.

Leave this as NEEDS MORE INFO for now.

regards.