BusyBox and IPv6 support

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 31 23:47:11 UTC 2010

On Sunday 31 January 2010 13:29, annie walker wrote:
> Can you tell me if BusyBox supports IPv6 natively?

Yes, it does.

> If it can not currently support IPv6 natively is capable of acting as IPv6/IPv4 translator?
> Is the firewall capable of blocking IPv6 when running in a pure IPv4 environment?

Busybox does not include any sort of firewall.
You need to read the FAQ on busybox.net
to better understand what busybox is:

http://busybox.net/FAQ.html

> As a Zyxel router owner I am interested in having the option to select the following options
>
> WAN  IP Type
>           IPv4 traffic only (IPv6 traffic blocked)
>           IPv6/IPv4 translation
>           IPv4/IPv6 translation
>           IPv6 and IPv4
>           IPv6 traffic only  (IPv4 traffic blocked)
>
> LAN IP  Type
>           IPv4 traffic only (IPv6 traffic blocked)
>           IPv6/IPv4 translation
>           IPv4/IPv6 translation
>
>           IPv6 and IPv4
>
>           IPv6 traffic only  (IPv4 traffic blocked)
>
> Does BusyBox permit such configuration?

I did not understand the question.

Anyway, since busybox runs on Linux only, your device
obviosly runs Linux.
On Linux it is possible to set up very complex firewall
configurations. Most likely it is also possible to do
what you need too.

--
vda