udhcpc causes system rebooting

Piotr Piwko piotr.piwko at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 08:03:54 UTC 2010

Hello,

I try to assign the IP address to the eth0 interfaces by following command
executed in /etc/init.d/rcS (udhcpc.script is in attachment):

udhcpc -i eth0 -s /bin/udhcpc.script

Every time the IP address is obtained correctly, but sometimes (on average
once every three attempts) it causes system rebooting after few seconds
from console invocation.

I'm pretty sure that this problem is related with udhcpc because if I
comment this line in my rcS script, everything is ok.

I use BusyBox v1.13.3 with Linux 2.6.29.4 kernel.

Is it a known issue? Can you give any hint how to get the IP address from
DHCP server and avoid system rebooting?

Thank you in advance for your engagement,

--
Piotr Piwko
http://www.embedded-engineering.pl/