syslogd config patch

Sergey Naumov sknaumov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 12:53:00 UTC 2010

Hello.

Denys, here is new version of syslog.conf patch.
I had stable version, but then decided to integrate my patch more
deeply to the existent syslog code, for example - to split logFile_t
struct to logRule_t and logFile_t and to slightly change
ROTATE_LOGFILE feature to support rotation of files that are specified
in syslog.conf.
The next step is to integrate REMOTE_LOG feature too.

Format of syslog.conf:
rule1
rule2
.
.
ruleN

Where:
rule = selector[;selector]*  /file/name
selector = facility[,facility]*.[!][=]priority
facility = kern user ... *
priority = emerg ... *

"none" priority is supported
"mark" facility is not suppored

Example:
kern,user.*;kern.!=info;user.!err       /var/log/1.log
*.err;user.none;kern.!=debug          /dev/console

Any recommendations are welcomed.

Happy New Year,

Sergey Naumov.