hush - memory leak?

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 29 19:46:25 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 29 December 2010 15:37, Piotr Grudzinski wrote:

> > Can you compile the following test program:
> >
> > #include <sys/types.h>
> > #include <unistd.h>
> > int main(int argc, char **argv)
> > {
> >    while (1) {
> >        write(1, ".", 1);
> >        execv("/proc/self/exe", argv);
> >    }
> >    return 0;
> > }
> >
> > via "gcc -Wall testprog.c", run it and report whether you see
> > free memory disappearing?
> >
> > --
> > vda
>
> NO. The memory is NOT disappearing.

Ok, I'm out of ideas.

Since I can't reproduce it on ordinary x86, can you try
to reproduce the bug in one of Rob's Aboriginal Linux
prebuilt qemu virtual machines? He has a number of arches
supported, maybe yours is in that set.

You can found Aboriginal Linux here:

http://landley.net/aboriginal/

If you will have the bug reproduced in a qemu virtual box, then I
will be able to do the same, and work on tyhe bug locally.

--
vda