Can I rely absolutely on what happens when a process dies.

Bob Dunlop bob.dunlop at xyzzy.org.uk
Thu Dec 9 09:14:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 08 at 01:34, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 December 2010 18:40, David Collier wrote:
> > I have seen your reply suggesting runsv - and I will think about going
> > that way, but in the meantime I need my existing knife-and-fork scripting
> > to sort-of-work.
> runsv and runsvdir rely on the "parent-child" relationship to watch
> the child. Which is 100% safe, unlike pidfiles or pidof.

It seems that a lot of us are trying to achieve similar things in a lot
of different ways.  We currently use a combination of runit, custom scripts
and C based service monitors, but are thinking about a shakeup in the near
future.

Anyone have any experience of using systemd on small systems ?

--
        Bob Dunlop