busybox-static link error

Sergey Naumov sknaumov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 04:09:22 UTC 2010

Hello.

I have created cross-toolchain for power-pc architecture on the basis
of gcc-4.5.1 and eglibc-2.11.2 with c++ support.

I want to statically link busybox 1.17.1, but following errors occured:
   undefined reference to _Unwind_Resume
   undefined reference to __gcc_personality_v0
in libc functions called by busybox applets.
Dynamically linked busybox builds good, but I cant execute /sbin/init
or /bin/sh or other things during boot and so kernel panic occured (no
init found).
.
There is undefined ( U ) symbols in libc.a and locally defined symbols
( t ) in libc.so.6 for these functions. I have found their global
definition symbols ( T ) in libgcc_eh.a, but even when I copied this
library to $(SYSROOT)/lib (there is also link form $(SYSROOT)/usr/lib
to $(SYSROOT)/lib) and added gcc_eh library to link with along with
crypto and m libraries, nothing happened.

make command is:
    $(MAKE) LDLIBS="m crypt gcc_eh"

Have anyone ideas how to fix it?

Build log is attached and slightly cut to meet a limit of mail size < 40Kb.

Thanks in advance, Sergey Naumov.