Adding keymaps with busybox.

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sun Aug 8 03:10:58 UTC 2010

I have the g4l project that uses busybox, and was just asked by a user how
to have it use a swiss german keyboard??

The rcS file has an line that was comment out long ago by a previous
maintainer of the project that has the line.

#/sbin/loadkmap < /var/lib/kbd/keymap.map

As far as I can tell, the g4l has never had that directory, so I am assuming
this was copied from somewhere else. I would think that one would only
need to find the correct keymap.map file, and load it with the busybox
loadkmap which is built into the busybox, but I don't seem to be able to find a
location for these keymap.map files?

G4L is a console only boot cd, so it is just console keyboard mapping.

It may also be something that needs to be done in the kernel builds, which
are the straight kernel.org kernels.

Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI         9763292.210122   |   EINSTEIN     4142549.740851
ROSETTA      2027290.462519   |   ABC          1443090.360569