Busybox and GPL

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
Sat Aug 7 09:55:24 UTC 2010

On Fre, 2010-08-06 at 22:26 -0300, Alain Mouette wrote:
> Could anyone *please* explain what was the violation exactly and what

"Exactly" from that press release? Hardly.

> should they have done to comply with BusyBox's licence.

First, you are asking a legal question on a technical mailinglist.
I doubt that many legal people are here (and I seriously doubt they will
give any advice - except from "consult your lawyer").

> Thanks for any information, this is important for me...

To be more on the safe side: As a start, just put all of the source of
the device (including all local patches and other changes, building
instructions and other important documentation as in "how do I get the
firmware into the device") on a public website.

	Bernd
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
                     LUGA : http://www.luga.at