Problem running hush shell script from within a script

Adam Rosenberg adam at alcorn.com
Fri Aug 6 17:11:15 UTC 2010

Denys,

Thank you for this information.  I am modifying the way I am writing
the scripts to work around this problem.  Here are more details on
exactly what is happening:

1.  I run a script called traxxOS.sh
2.  traxxOS.sh runs a script called traxxIO.sh and passes 1 parameter
"start" to it
3.  traxxIO.sh loads a kernel module that is a custom made character
device I use for interfacing with various inputs and leds on my custom
Blackfin BF537 based board
4.  traxxOS.sh runs traxxIO.sh and passes 1 parameter
"start_cf_autodetect" to it
5.  traxxIO.sh uses the echo command to write a string to the
previously created character device at /dev/traxx_io

At step 5 is where I run into the problem.  the system behaves as
though the device is not there.  I get no indication from the kernel
module that it received the string sent by the echo command.  If I run
traxxIO.sh and pass the same "start_cf_autodetect" parameter from the
command line (instead of from within the traxxOS.sh script) it works
perfectly.

I am sorry I do not have time to track down what is causing this, but
my workaround is to use the "." command to load a configuration script
into the traxxOS.sh script so that I can do everything from within the
one traxxOS.sh script.

Thanks again,
Adam