Windows port?

Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy pclouds at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 05:33:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 4:34 AM, Denys Vlasenko
<vda.linux at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> 4. ash
>> ~1000 lines, half of them to work around fork(). Not everything works,
>> and not really stable. I'm thinking about a thread-based ash so that
>> it would work faster, but stability first.
>
> hush may be a better shell to work with, it can avoid using fork()
> (will use vfork+preparatory_work_in_the_same_process_image+exec
> if built for NOMMU, which probably maps better to Win CreateProcess()
> call or whatever)

And its functionality is quite limited too.The
preparatory_work_in_the_same_process_image is done, all needed memory
is packed into a big block, then mapped over the child process. Anyway
I spent to much time with ash already.

>> So, comments?
>
> This is acceptable in general, if can be made localized enough.
>
> Please send a patch or an URL to patch against one
> of the released versions for more detailed review.
> I went to your URL but didn't find
> an obvious way to download a tarball or diff.

Thanks. Most of the code is wrapped in #if ENABLE_MINGW32. Although
there are some common changes for readability. I'll send patches soon.
--
Duy