run a process

Murali K. Vemuri murali at uczen.co.kr
Thu Apr 1 10:19:42 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 16:24 +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote:

> Why is this needed/useful?

I have a board where I cannot add telnet and all I have is console.
if fflush_all() were in its original position, my console refreshes
every often and that is a problem as I might be doing something else on
that console. this fflush_all() draws blank.

currently if we mention "-t" , screen is flushed and new header is
displayed. when we don't mention "-t", only blank screen is refreshed,
time and again.

So, when we mention "-t", watch does not dump anything on the terminal
but every now and then re-flushes. re-flushing a screen on which this
application does not actually dump anything ... does not sound good.

> > The user specifies the -t option only if he wants to do the "watch"
> > silently. if the screen refreshes every often, does not look nice.
>
> Why do you think -t means "watch silently"?

If "-t" was not supposed to be the "silently" option, why does it not
dump a header ?

Murali