fbsplash enhancement - text rendering, animations...

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 24 00:03:50 UTC 2009

On Thursday 03 September 2009 20:47, Michele Sanges wrote:
> George,
>
> as you have seen, months ago I repeatedly sent to the list my text
> rendering patch, but nobody has taken it in consideration.

I looked at it. I started working on making it clean enough
for inclusion, but the work stalled at a certain point.
The attached patch is where I stopped.

> Anyway, by means the file fbsplash.cfg file it's possible to specify the
> position, the color and the size of the text displayed, but I agree with
> you that hardcoded fonts allow very restrictive usages.

Position and color in a config file is too restrictive too.
it's not unexpected that people would ant to output text
in different spots...

The command can optionally include it too, before actual
test to display.

> For this reason
> I hoped in a feedback from the list, but unfortunately is not arrived.

I do not want to sound negative, but I do not know how to say it
without doing so. Your code needs much work before it looks
more or less ok. That, plus my laziness in attempts to reach
that stage, made this patch to fall through the cracks.

I apologize. I had to talk to you more and sooner.

--
vda