fbsplash enhancement - text rendering, animations...

Michele Sanges michele.sanges at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 18:47:47 UTC 2009

George,

as you have seen, months ago I repeatedly sent to the list my text
rendering patch, but nobody has taken it in consideration.

Anyway, by means the file fbsplash.cfg file it's possible to specify the
position, the color and the size of the text displayed, but I agree with
you that hardcoded fonts allow very restrictive usages. For this reason
I hoped in a feedback from the list, but unfortunately is not arrived.

So I have transformed the fbsplash applet in a indipendent application,
I have added to it the text rendering functionality (sufficient for my
purposes) and at current time i'm using it during the boot stage of my
embedded systems.

Thanks for all your considerations, I'm very interested in your patch. I
will look into your code and eventually I will include your
modifications in my fbsplash indipendent application.

Best regards.

--
Michele Sanges