inetd fd leak?

Cathey, Jim jcathey at ciena.com
Thu Sep 3 16:57:25 UTC 2009

>Please try 1.15.0

Working on it.  The new inetd doesn't just
drop into our 1.13 world, and we're not ready
to convert wholesale since this is to be part
of a patch release to a rather persnickety
and rather exceedingly large customer.  (You
know the type: "We don't want any bug fixes
for bugs WE haven't complained about!"  To
which our reply is "Yes sir, no sir, three
bags full sir.")  I'm trying to merge right
now...

>Just "ls -l /proc/`pidof inetd`/fd" works for me.

Yes.  Procdump is just a program I use extensively,
since it handles all variations of data types that
are found in proc.  Prints links, cats text files,
hex-dumps binary files, with a limit, recurses down
directories, and most importantly avoids certain
poisonous files in our target's proc tree.  One of
which, merely reading it will cause a hard reset
of the target.  (Don't get me started on _that_!
Some guys just don't know how to write a good driver...)

-- Jim