fbsplash enhancement - text rendering, animations...

Jiří Gabriel george.gabriel at seznam.cz
Tue Sep 1 11:06:14 UTC 2009

Hello.
I use the BusyBox in embedded kiosk like system. Whole system is
running on framebuffer interface. Graphical boot is very useful for
me, but the color depth is only 16bpp and unusable therefore I
started to modifying fbsplash for other resolutions and other
capabilities using text rendering patch from mailing lists. Only one
size of font, special font generating and hardcoding into
application is very unusable for many people. The psf consolefonts
is available and usable...
After finish all my modifications to fbsplash it is now usable for
me, and I hope for others to, but there may be a small problem the
file is now too big (7k) for BusyBox.
In any case if you or somebody else are interested you can download
it from http://tykef.havlinda.net/programovani/fbsplash. You find
there source, description and example of using this applet.

Jiří Gabriel.