ftpget/put

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 19:00:22 UTC 2009

> Speaking of ftp.. Does anybody else find it bloated to have at least two
> FTP talkers, one in wget and another one in ftpgetput? ;)

My situation: a task to periodically fetch the content of M$Exchange
mailbox via HTTP. BB wget can't be used -- it has no out-of-box
support for cookies. I invented the workaround: first "strace -f -v
-s1024 -o dump wget <request>", then parse dump file for Set-Cookie:
headers, then add headers to the next wget call. Been thinking to
develop a patch, but used vanilla wget instead.

So I use no BB wget -- and that's a pity -- thus one ftp talker
(which's _way_ unfriendly).

And what about "wput" :)

--
Vladimir