udhcpd not starting

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 19 10:46:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Ruben Lagar <ruben.lagar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have finally get the .config of the kernel, and you are absolutely right,
> CONFIG_NETDEVICES is not set.
>
> Then, setting it on would solve this udhcpd problem, would it? Do you think
> that it could affect any other kernel behaviour?

It will just add generic code which supports network devices, and
will enable many more options (each individual network card, and
some subsystems, like PPP.

> As I have seen it is only found in this function and in some isdn issues, so
> setting it on would always be avisable...

No, it also controls a huge block in drivers/net/Kconfig and appears in many
other Kconfig files.

But if you answer "no" to all (or most) dependent
options, yes, it will not have any drastic effects.
--
vda