Query on usage of busybox sendmail

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 07:50:17 UTC 2009

> We should also not treat lines starting with whitespace as such a
> delimiter - because of RFC2822 2.2.3 - "Long Header Fields".

Right. The logic might be cryptic though. How to definitely separate
such lines from possible beginning of justified (centered, indented)
message body?

The approach might be to treat lines starting with whitespace as
headers iff "list" is not empty, which means "ok, we saw a valid
header, so we assume headers will be terminated properly, by means of
an empty line".

> But that's probably really a corner case and not too common in the
> typical usage of busybox sendmail.

Still we wanna be useful in all cases.

> I'll cook up a patch anyway, once I
> get to it.

Welcome. What do you think of the approach to cope with long headers
mentioned above?

--
Vladimir