Does busybox mount support ext4

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Mon Oct 12 11:35:00 UTC 2009

Date sent:      	Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:44:15 +0200
From:           	walter harms <wharms at bfs.de>
Send reply to:  	wharms at bfs.de
To:             	"Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes at kuentos.guam.net>
Copies to:      	busybox at busybox.net
Subject:        	Re: Does busybox mount support ext4

> Michael D. Setzer II schrieb:
> > I had a user of my g4l project ask about support for the ext4 partitions.
> > The user wasn't fully clear on what method. I know that the ext4 partition can
> > be backed up to an ftp or other remote mount or local disk or partition that
> > has a supported partitions. But I did once try to mount an ext4 partition, and
> > the busybox mount couldn't mount it. I then just reformated the partition to
> > ext3 and it worked fine. Don't know if it is support not yet added, or if some
> > helper file needs to be added?
> >
> > Since the main ext4 parition is an LVM partition that I've not figured out how
> > to easily mount, it is not a big issue.
> >

> hello,
> busybox will exec mount.ext4 (See discussion: Re: Silent failure of busybox mount for unknown fs type few days ago).
> therefore if you have mount.ext4 it will work.

Thanks for the quick reply. Any ideal on were mount.ext4 can be found. I've
searched my Fedora 11 machine, and did a search thru the repo and no
luck. Done a google search and haven't found a download site.

> re,
>  wh

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI 8,659,839.982 | EINSTEIN 3,057,786.471 | ROSETTA 1,337,762.689