Does busybox mount support ext4

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Mon Oct 12 10:03:41 UTC 2009

I had a user of my g4l project ask about support for the ext4 partitions.
The user wasn't fully clear on what method. I know that the ext4 partition can
be backed up to an ftp or other remote mount or local disk or partition that
has a supported partitions. But I did once try to mount an ext4 partition, and
the busybox mount couldn't mount it. I then just reformated the partition to
ext3 and it worked fine. Don't know if it is support not yet added, or if some
helper file needs to be added?

Since the main ext4 parition is an LVM partition that I've not figured out how
to easily mount, it is not a big issue.

Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI 8,659,839.982 | EINSTEIN 3,057,786.471 | ROSETTA 1,337,762.689