ash: attempt to correct some ash conversion warnings

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 10 22:27:29 UTC 2009

On Saturday 10 October 2009 21:43, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> Not sure, but I seem to be seeing a small code shrink too.

Perhaps from this:

-static const short nodesize[N_NUMBER] = {
+static const unsigned short nodesize[N_NUMBER] = {

Hmm... it is small enough to use uint8_t... :)

> Some unrelated small cleanups found their way into this patch too :)
> Looks like there's still some 100 conversion warnings left to be taken
> care of.

Cristian, size_t is 64-bit on x86-64. Using size_t for strlen
and such bloats code. I am choosing smaller code.

Do you really think strings longer than 2 gigabytes
are typical enough to worry about?

--
vda