busybox-1.14.3 compilation with uClibc

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Wed Oct 7 16:45:44 UTC 2009

Sushil Kumar schrieb:
> GCC Version             :       4.1.1
> Busybox                 :       Busybox-1.14.3
> uClibc                  :       uClibc-0.9.29
>
> My requirement is to compile the above busybox using the uClibc
> C library instead of native glibc.I have compiled uClibc with native native
> gcc toolchain but not installed.

Hi Sushil,
Since your problem is compiling with an other than the default libc
this howto may be useful for you. it explains how to doit by providing
an alternative spec file for gcc. It is targeted to glibc2 testers but
should be useful for you also since the problem is factual the same.

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Glibc2-HOWTO.html#toc10

more infos regarding specfiles:

http://www.mingw.org/wiki/SpecsFileHOWTO

re,