Fix for missing total blocks when using -l with ls

Jörgen Overgaard jorgen at antistaten.se
Thu Oct 1 17:47:08 UTC 2009

Yes it will be doing a 'du' job.

I do not know if that is some BSD or GNU extension.
All I know, is that the application I was trying to get running under
BusyBox, expected 'ls -l' to return the total stuff.
Also in the source for ls.c it says

* KNOWN BUGS:
* 1. ls -l of a directory doesn't give "total <blocks>" header

So I decided to "fix" that and put that patch on the mailing list.

Wrong or right? I do not know. I am used to see that total header
when telling ls to do a long list format but never use it my self.

Perhaps remove that BUG notice in the source of ls.c?
Or make it optional during compile to support totals or not from
configure? -DLS_LONG_WITH_TOTAL ;-)

Regards
Jorgen Overgaard