flash_eraseall incompatible with 2.6.31.6 (stable)

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Nov 27 09:47:12 UTC 2009

>>>>> "John" == John Williams <john.williams at petalogix.com> writes:

 John> Hi,
 John> After upgrading my kernel to 2.6.31.6 (latest stable), flash_eraseall
 John> refuses to compile:

 John> /busybox/busybox-1.14.3/miscutils/flash_eraseall.c:15:28: error:
 John> mtd/jffs2-user.h: No such file or directory

 John> [snip subsequent breakage]

 John> The issue is that include/mtd/jffs2-user.h has gone away.  The kernel
 John> commit comment which removed it erroneously claimed that mtd-utils is
 John> the only user.

 John> A quick hack to flash_erase.c to include linux/jffs2.h instead fails,
 John> due to missing cpu_to_je16 and cpu_to_je32 definitions (they were
 John> previously defined in jffs2-user, among other things).

Yes, it looks like we need to copy the jffs2-user.h macros to
flash_eraseall.c (the *je* defines)

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard