Busybox for Mini2440

Jason Curl jcurlnews at arcor.de
Mon Nov 23 21:18:27 UTC 2009

Luis Silva wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new here so please excuse me if i do anything wrong.
>
> I've been trying to build a root filesystem for the Mini2440 board
> using Busybox 1.15.2. I used a .config file that came with the board.
> I execute make, and make install, and get the files needed for my root
> filesystem, (USR, BIN, SBIN, linuxrc), i copy them to a directory and
> create the remaining files by hand, console, null, etc.
> My problem is that when i boot my filesystem everything goes well
> until the shell appears.
> Like this:
Well done, you've got BusyBox and everything set up the first time, I
remember how I felt. It was a tough haul and it takes a lot of reading.

It appears now that you need to customise your installation with the
appropriate configuration files for users, initialisation, devices, etc.
I'd suggest first going over the concepts in "Linux From Scratch".

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/

Here they talk about the file system and configuration of your Linux
from Scratch.

Later you might want to look BuildRoot for some examples.

> [ \u at LDS]#
>
> And when i execute "passwd" commmand:
> passwd: unknown user id root
>
> I've already substituted all the files in the /etc directory with
> files i know are correct, but i can't seem to get it working.
Did you "suid" busybox?