Message when mounting ext4 boot partition, but works.

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sat Nov 21 18:48:31 UTC 2009

On 21 Nov 2009 at 17:14, Denys Vlasenko wrote:

From:           	Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux at googlemail.com>
To:             	"Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes at kuentos.guam.net>
Subject:        	Re: Message when mounting ext4 boot partition, but
works.
Date sent:      	Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:14:33 +0100
Copies to:      	busybox at busybox.net

> On Saturday 21 November 2009 14:16, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
> > On 21 Nov 2009 at 15:19, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> >
> > From:           	Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux at googlemail.com>
> > To:             	busybox at busybox.net
> > Subject:        	Re: Message when mounting ext4 boot partition, but
> > works.
> > Date sent:      	Sat, 21 Nov 2009 15:19:15 +0100
> > Copies to:      	"Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes at kuentos.guam.net>

> > > ... when you run what command exacty?
> >
> > mount /dev/hda6 /mnt/local
> >
> > In the past, this was the /boot partition and ext2 format, and now with Fedora
> > 12 with a clean install it is now an ext4 partition.
>
> Since you did not give filesystem type, it will try every fs
> in the order specified by /etc/filesystems or /proc/filesystems.
>
> Apparently, ntfs is listed before ext4.

That appears to be it. the /etc/filesystems didn't include ext4 at all, and has
ntfs-3g and ntfs listed. I added the ext4 after the ext3 line. Interestingly, the
/etc/filesystems on the  fedora 12 machine doesn't have ext4 listed at all, but
the /proc/filesystems on the fedora 12 has the ext4 listed after the ext3 line,
but no ext2 line?

Does the order make a difference? Is there a better or best order?

Thanks.
Currently, creating a new build to test it out, but that should be the fix.
Always learning more stuff...

> --
> vda

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI 8,875,118.650 | EINSTEIN 3,287,964.691 | ROSETTA 1,474,060.650