Message when mounting ext4 boot partition, but works.

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sat Nov 21 08:06:54 UTC 2009

I just did a clean install of Fedora 12, and did a remote backup of the
system. I change the grub.conf to default to my g4l option which uses
busybox. After it boots, I can remotely access it and mount the boot partition
to reset the grub to boot from the default kernel before doing the image
backup. Seems Fedora 12 now creates the boot partition as ext4 instead of
the older ext2?

No problem with mounting the ext4 partition, but it does show the following
message.

NTFS signature is missing.
Failed to mount '/dev/hda6': Invalid argument
The device '/dev/hda6' doesn't seem to have a valid NTFS.
Maybe the wrong device is used? Or the whole disk instead of a
partition (e.g. /dev/sda, not /dev/sda1)? Or the other way around?
NTFS signature is missing.
Failed to mount '/dev/hda6': Invalid argument
The device '/dev/hda6' doesn't seem to have a valid NTFS.
Maybe the wrong device is used? Or the whole disk instead of a
partition (e.g. /dev/sda, not /dev/sda1)? Or the other way around?

Not sure if I double copied the above or if it happened that way. The partition
does get mounted correctly, so not sure why the above message appears? It
is only cosmetic.

Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI 8,868,694.648 | EINSTEIN 3,280,633.771 | ROSETTA 1,470,775.825