getgrouplist() and replacement ?

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Nov 8 07:22:53 UTC 2009

Hi,

 Rob> Since you asked, my thoughts are "oh please no".  Let's not open
 Rob> this can of worms.  Busybox is not a C library, it's not a kernel,
 Rob> and those are NOT OUR JOB.

Agree.

 Rob> I am reminded that buildroot started life as a toolchain builder
 Rob> and uClibc test harness, but turned into a half-assed Linux distro
 Rob> with dozens of packages it had to maintain because they couldn't
 Rob> clearly state where the boundaries of the project were and thus
 Rob> say "no" to eternal bloat.

I would more say that our focus has changed away from toolchain
building. We're working towards better supporting external toolchains
(and crosstool-ng in particular), and long term - deprecating the
internal toolchains.

Similary, the external toolchains may be glibc/eglibc based instead of
uclibc.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard