mountpoint

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 18:55:56 UTC 2009

> How does the "big" mountpoint handle UUIDs, if at all? If it does not, can
> you suggest such a feature to it's upstream so we do not diverge?

First of all, I think nobody forbids us to be more functional than
upstream original. E.g., BB mount is very convenient with its
automatic "-o loop". And making mountpoint UUID-aware is a very
low-hanging yet powerful fruit. If miquels at cistron.nl refuses to
bother with UUIDs (I'd bet he will, since he has no libvolume_id
available so cheap), shall we get back?

There is, of course, another candidate for doing what I proposed:
findfs. It takes UUIDs _naturally_, but prints only device name. We
can add an option to make him print device numbers, but it will cost
greater. But then we shall ping e2fsprogs maintainer :)

Nevertheless, let's try.

--
Vladimir