mountpoint

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 14:28:54 UTC 2009

Hi!

To handle resume after hibernation one has to supply correct block
device major/minor numbers to /sys/power/resume. This seems
rudimentary since bootloaders now learn how to find devices by
UUID/LABEL, so does busybox itself.

However, we still have no solid tool to query device numbers given its
spec (UUID/LABEL).
"mountpoint -x" expects device name. findfs provides device name given
device mount spec.
Running "mountpoint -x $(findfs SPEC)" can fail if device is not found.

I propose to enhance mountpoint so it can be fed with mount specs.
To achieve that we could insert the following line:

resolve_mount_spec(&arg);

right before line #31 of mountpoint.c.

Sorry for lenghty explanation :)

Denys, please, consider applying.