Anybody want to fix ash's backspace line wrap?

Cathey, Jim jcathey at ciena.com
Thu May 14 15:50:40 UTC 2009

>I think that getting backspace right across line breaks and manually
>resetting the screen once it's gotten screwed up are two separate
issues.  >This is just my opinion, of course...

They are.  Belt and suspenders.  I just got done putting in
BS-over-BOL and ^L repaint code in our product's shell (nothing
to do with Un*x shells), and I felt like I was transported back
25 years...  But as one of the few around here (not the BB list)
that did this crap the first time around I felt fairly qualified
to just dive in and make it markedly better than it was without
getting wrapped around the axle.

-- Jim