svn vs git

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Mon May 11 21:57:06 UTC 2009

On Monday 11 May 2009 17:29:46 ramon rebersak wrote:
> Well, I think that website must to be remaked.
> Reason, hmm, if busybix is swapped into git, then there is no reason for
> svn stuff into busybox.net

yes, the website is out of date.  i havent bothered fixing it until the
location of the files gets sorted.

> Git have own tools: *git-import-orig* -- Import an upstream source into a
> git repository

there is no "git-import-orig" utility with git.  you're either using a custom
util or a pretty old version of git.  either way, i dont see how it's relevant
to the busybox website.

converting the svn usage to git usage is pretty straightforward since the
busybox documentation is light.  the uclibc.org page has much more
information.
-mike