git

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Wed May 6 09:04:32 UTC 2009

> $ dpkg -L git-core | grep bin/
> /usr/bin/git-upload-pack
> /usr/bin/git-receive-pack
> /usr/bin/git
> /usr/bin/git-upload-archive
> /usr/bin/git-shell
>
> git-shell is used as a login shell, and
> git-{upload-pack,receive-pack,upload-archive} are part of git+ssh
> protocol, so can't be changed.
>
> git-* madness has been removed circa git 1.6.0

I don't use any distro. Total stuff is BB based and compiled from
scratch. So to stay tuned I downloaded and compiled git 1.6.2.4. It
gave me about 100 of files. Despite I've discovered many of them can
be just symlinked to git binary (git-clone, e.g.), I don't like such
specialty. Can you provide a set of _definitely required_ git
components, which would allow me to _clone and then just pull_
changes? With a short description of how do I do it?

TIA,
--
Vladimir